Friday, April 17, 2009

More Planting


Got up early this morning and planted some of the seeds I bought yesterday- the mint, basil, and zinnias. The mint seeds were the teeniest tiniest things I have ever seen. It'll be such a miracle to see a plant come from something so small. I planted a tray of each of those three varieties as well as sprinkling a couple of each on separate peat pellets in a mini plastic greenhouse. We'll see if the greenhoused seedlings have a real advantage over the open air ones. This time I took special care to label each tray with the variety and date planted. I was also careful not to plant any seeds too deep in the soil- especially the super mini mint seeds.

I wanted to plant the parsley too, but the package recommends I let them soak overnight. Tomorrow I'll get those planted.

My other seedlings are doing well. The April 3rd bunch look pretty strong and those I planted on the 12th still haven't sprouted, but I'm sure they will soon. Sometimes they move so fast I wish had a video camera pointed at them at all times.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment