Monday, April 13, 2009

Fresh Bedding



My plants are no where near ready to be transplanted yet, but today I wanted to start getting their future home prepared. My main concerns about the plot are that it might be too small for the variety of plants I hope to have and that it sits at the bottom of a slightly sloped yard. Ah well, we'll see what happens. I'll do my best to level the plot and I plan to create raised beds.

Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be chilly and rainy so maybe I'll make a trip to the garden center and pick up a pH testing kit and a couple bags of soil.

Still no sprouts visible in the tomato tray, unfortunately. The spinach is coming along great, as is the lettuce and one more tray of something that I forgot to label. Oops. I think it is either onion or cucumber.

I transferred the young strawberry plants I bought to hanging baskets this morning. I think they'll do better there away from weeds and pests. I also removed a little flower with a green little berry from one of the plants so it can focus all its energy on getting stronger before it starts bearing fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment