Saturday, May 16, 2009

So Much Exciting News!


The dill has germinated! The dill has germinated! On April 12th I planted a lot of dill and nothing wanted to sprout. About three weeks later, I sprinkled some more seeds in the same tray- and voila! Seedlings! The second time around, I actually prepped the seeds by folding them in a wet paper towel prior to planting.

Also, the cilantro I planted May 8th has spouted. On that same morning, I planted oregano and peas. Both those seedlings are doing well. I can't wait to get a pic of the peas up because they took to sprouting in such a unique fashion. They look nothing like any of the other seedlings.

The only disappointment so far has been the mint seeds I planted in dirt and peat pots- no dice. Though the mint I planted in the plastic greenhouse on peat pellets sprouted just fine and continues to grow slowly but surely.

I got news this morning that the seeds I planted in FL early this month are thriving in the heat and humidity down South. Perhaps I can get my family to send photos. My mother is planning to transplant them into containers and cultivate them on the porch.


I think my first fruit will come from the strawberry plant I bought. Check it out in the photo. Yum, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment